Tuesday 21 August 2012

Collage Journal entry & homemade stamp

Time for another Collage Journal page. Kept this one a little simpler this week, my only idea initially was I wanted to use a new stamp I had hand carved myself last week. I love arrows and chevron patterns and for ages I wanted a stamp with that style. I have seen many people carve their own stamps using the proper stamp carving gear, but I don't have any of that atm! So, I went with the alternative option and got some cheap erasers and using my Cutterbee craft knife I made my own stamp, I'm rapt with it, I love it, it's my first 'handmade stamp'!

This pic shows the stamp and an example of the impression on a partial created Journal page...


Here's what I came up with using the stamp for my Collage page, hope you like it:)


supplies used:

Music collage journal, homemade rubber stamp, washi tape, 7 gypsies gaffer tape, kaisercraft paper (words), distressed circle stamp, october afternoon abc stickers, gesso, permaball pilot pen.

1 comment:

Gail L said...

LOVE that stamp you've made! What did we do before chevron?